Nothing says celebration like a plate of chocolate truffles, and if you live a dairy and/or soy-free lifestyle, it may have been quite a while since you have had a truffle of your own – but no longer! These Raspberry Truffles are not only delicious and allergen-friendly, but also full of nutritional goodness. Dark chocolate, coconut oil and raspberries are all naturally high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, so you can treat your body AND your tastebuds all in one bite.
Free from Gluten, Grains, Dairy, Soy, Eggs and Peanuts
- 10–12 oz. + 4 oz. (divided) dark chocolate of your choice, broken into pieces (I used a combination of Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips and Montezuma’s 100% cacao chocolate)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 oz. freeze-dried raspberries, crushed and divided
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan until just slightly bubbling
- Pour over 10–12 oz. chocolate and cover the bowl with a towel for 2–3 minutes
- Whisk chocolate and coconut milk until smooth and all chocolate is melted
- Stir 1–3 spoonfuls of raspberries into mixture
- Place bowl in the fridge for 2–3 hours, until mixture is firm but scoop-able. If it gets too hard, just leave it out on the counter for 10 minutes before proceeding.
- Combine 4 oz. chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Using a melon baller or small ice cream scoop, scoop chocolate/coconut milk combo into balls, rolling between your hands if necessary to form an even shape.
- Dip truffles into melted chocolate (use whatever method is best for you – I had the most luck dropping the truffle into the melted chocolate and scooping out with a spoon)*
- Place dipped chocolate on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with crushed raspberries
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, take out truffles 10 minutes prior to serving
*If you have any extra ganache topping, mix some crushed raspberries in and spoon into silicone muffin molds. Sprinkle with sea salt and put in the fridge to firm up – an instant chocolate treat!*
Leave a Reply