Gluten-Free, Vegan, Soy Free, Grain-Free and Nut-Free
Hatch Health and Happiness’s fabulous assistant Laura starts getting excited for gazpacho season months in advance. Hearing about a gazpacho that warrants so much anticipation, we knew we just had to get our hands on this recipe! Quick, easy, refreshing, delicious, and nutritious, this Chunky Gazpacho makes a great appetizer at your next barbecue or light summer meal paired with a salad.
Use organic whenever possible
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional – if using wear gloves to prevent irritation)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2–3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 lime wedges, optional
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, scallions, garlic, and jalapeño (if using) in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir in tomato juice, basil, red-wine vinegar, lime juice and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled – at least 5 hours, or up to 2 days.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with avocado and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.
Leave a Reply