Free from Gluten, Dairy, Soy, and Refined Sugar
Adapted from Ancient Harvest
Packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals, quinoa is a nutritional powerhouse that will rev you up and keep you going for hours. It’s no surprise that Incan warriors ate quinoa to improve stamina and recovery time! The iron-rich seed is paired with a touch of fruit and nutty goodness to satisfy your sweet tooth and make the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack.
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible
- 3 cups of quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 – 1 cup jam of choice
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Grease muffin pan, or prepare with liners (makes 16–20 muffin cups)
- Combine quinoa flakes, almond butter, eggs, honey, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Gently press slightly less than half of batter into muffin tins
- Spoon 1–2 spoonfuls jam into muffin tins, and spread evenly
- Crumble remaining batter over top of jam
- Bake 20–25 minutes, until jam is bubbling and crumble is golden brown (watch carefully towards the end to prevent burning)
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy! Store in refrigerator, best served chilled or at room temperature.
These look amazing! Can’t wait to try them! Thanks, Lydia!!!