If you really are what you eat, then what do you think happens when you comfort yourself with mac and cheese, greasy pizza, and ice cream every time you have a tough day? Truth be told, when you eat crap, you feel like…well…you get the idea 😉
The tricky part is, often when we are tired, sad, and/or stressed, the last thing we feel like doing is breaking out the salad tongs. So how do you find a happy medium of tasty food that both feeds your craving and actually helps you feel BETTER in the process?
The good news is that plenty of creamy, ooey-gooey, tasty treats can be made with ingredients that nourish the body, mind AND spirit. Here are a few of my favorite delicious and nutritious recipes from some fabulous bloggers:
- Check out Blissful Basil’s 5 Minute Vegan Caramel – that’s right, in just 5 minutes, you can top your apple slices with caramel sauce that not only tastes amazing, but is also packed with brain-soothing healthy fats, and body-calming magnesium.
- This Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Mousse is so decadently rich, you’ll swear you couldn’t possibly be eating something healthy. The super-food cacao powder will give you a much-needed energy and mood boost, while the avocado and coconut oil nourish your brain.
- This Golden Milk is packed with turmeric and ginger, both of which have amazing anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties…just what the doctor ordered!
- Craving something salty and crunchy? Bust out the fresh-cut veggies and organic corn chips with this Zucchini Hummus – not only is it creamy and flavorful, but it’s full of anti-inflammatory goodness.
- Nacho Cheese Dorito Hummus. Need I say more?