Ladies and Gentlemen, today we are taking a field trip…into my pantry! (I know, I know…a safari would have been more fun, I’ll work on getting some giraffes). One of the questions I’m asked most frequently is which brands I use and how I stock my pantry, so I’m always ready to whip up a meal in a jiffy.
I often hear from clients that they don’t keep things on hand for themselves, because their dietary needs are different from their spouse or roommates. It’s absolutely possible to stock a pantry for multiple dietary needs, as my husband and I couldn’t be more different in the way we eat. For brevity sake, I’m a gluten/grain/dairy/soy-free, low-residue vegetarian (say that five times fast). My husband? He eats pretty much anything.
First and foremost, let me be sure to mention that I do not have any affiliations with the brands I have showcased. All thoughts and opinions are purely my own. Secondly, when choosing products, I take a few things into consideration:
- Ingredients – plain and simple, what’s in it? Could I make it myself? Can I pronounce all of the ingredients?
- Source – where was it made?
- Organic/Non-GMO – as much as possible we aim for foods free from dyes and preservatives, and grown/produced without genetic modification of any kind
- Price – while many of us would love to have the top of the line for all of our products, it’s not financially feasible. I rely heavily on the bulk bins, local store brands like Wegmans and Trader Joes, and discount clubs like Costco and Thrive Market.
- Wegmans Organic Popcorn
- Trader Joe’s Organic Blue Corn Chips
- Whole Foods 365 Organic Wheat Squares
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Bites
- RxBars, Thunderbird bars, Juice Plus bars and Larabars
- Simple Mills Almond Flour crackers
- Most grains, nuts, seeds, dried fruit and beans are purchased from the bulk bin and stored in mason jars (various lentils, barley, amaranth, millet, brown rice, dates, dried cranberries, almonds, cashews and sunflower seeds)
- Costco Organic Quinoa
- Wegman’s Organic Broth
- Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes
- Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta
Canned and Bottled Goods
- Farmer’s Market Organic Butternut Squash and Pumpkin
- Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- Wegmans Organic Black Beans
- Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Wegmans Organic Chunky Marinara Sauce
- Nutiva Coconut Oil
- Navitas Naturals Cacao Powder
- Trader Joe’s Organic Raw Honey
- Otto’s Cassava Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Ultra Fine Almond Flour
Supplements and Smoothie Add-Ins
- Organic India Turmeric Formula
- Juice Plus Garden and Orchard Blends
- Vega Chlorella Powder
- Terrasoul Mangosteen, Acai, and Noni Powders
- Thrive Market Ginger Cubes
- Burdicks Chocolate Cacao Nibs
- Larabar Bites
- Nikki’s Coconut Butter
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Madhava Coconut Sugar
So there you have it…a peek into my pantry! Do we have any of the same favorites? Could you guess what belonged to whom, and which items we can share?