Adapted from Budget Bytes
Gluten Free. Soy Free. Vegetarian.
(Serves 4 as a main dish, or 8 a side)
- 4 cups cooked and cooled wholegrain rice and/or quinoa*
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped into quarter rounds
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley (or 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley)
- Juice and zest of 1 medium lemon (2−3 tablespoons juice)
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- Combine cucumber, parsley, chickpeas and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl and add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and freshly cracked pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour dressing over the cucumber mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the cooled grains and crumbled goat cheese** to the bowl. Gently stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat. Enjoy!