Gluten Free, Vegan Lasagna
(Serves 4 as a main dish)
- 1½ Cups Raw Cashews
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2–3 Large Organic Zucchinis
- 1 Package Organic Tempeh
- 1 Jar Organic, Gluten-Free Pasta Sauce
- Place cashews in bowl, cover with water and let soak for at least 6 hours
(overnight is fine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Drain 2⁄3 of the water from cashews, and pour remaining water and cashews into a high-speed blender/food processor. Add nutritional yeast and apple cider vinegar and blend until smooth. If the mixture gets lumpy and is unable to blend, simply add more water by the tablespoon until a creamy consistency is acquired*
- Wash and dry zucchinis, and peel if desired. Use a mandolin or sharp knife to slice zucchinis into wide noodles. Place on cotton towel to absorb moisture (be sure to flip at some point to get both sides).
- Grate entire package of tempeh into small pieces.