Adapted from Gluten Free on a Shoestring
Free from Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Nuts, and Refined Sugar
- Slightly under 1 cup of Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup whole grain amaranth
- 1⁄4 cup whole grain millet
- 1⁄4 cup buckwheat groats
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa
- 3 cups certified gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup granulated coconut palm sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a half-sheet (13-inches x 18-inches) rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour and salt to combine well. Add the flax seeds, amaranth, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, rolled oats and sugar, and mix to combine well (working out any lumps in the sugar). Add the oil and maple syrup and mix to combine well. Make sure all of the grains are coated well with the sugar, oil, and syrup.
- Scrape the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and spread into an even layer. Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven; stir carefully to redistribute all of the ingredients and return to the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes. Again, remove the baking sheet from the oven; stir carefully to redistribute all of the ingredients and return to the oven. Bake for a final 10 minutes, or until the granola is lightly golden brown all over.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely, undisturbed, (yes really, not even a little bite!) Transfer the granola to a lidded glass container, breaking up large chunks into smaller ones. Seal and store at room temperature.