Gluten Free, Soy Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free
- 4 cups raw almonds
- 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spread almonds out on a large jelly roll pan, or baking sheet with sides
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning almonds halfway through
- Remove almonds from oven and carefully spoon into food processor
- Remove liquid insert from food chute to allow steam to escape. Turn food processor on, and watch the magic happen! Stop every 3–5 minutes to scrape down sides, if necessary.
- Once almond butter is fairly smooth (8−10 minutes), stop the processor and add cacao and cinnamon. Test along the way to achieve the taste you desire.
- Continue processing until cacao and cinnamon are well-incorporated and almond butter is very smooth.
- Carefully pour or spoon into containers (careful, almond butter and blade will be very hot!)
- Leave containers open on the counter until almond butter is cool, and then store in the fridge. Almond butter will thicken and really soak up the flavors overnight.
- Almond butter will last about 2 weeks in your fridge…if you don’t eat it all first!