Adapted from Inspiralized by Ali Mafucci
(Serves 3 as a main dish, or 6 a side)
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 2 medium/large parsnips, peeled and spiralized
- ¼ cup Daiya Vegan Mozzarella cheese shreds*
- 2 eggs
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Marinara sauce, gluten-free hamburger buns, lettuce wraps, avocado slices, etc.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, and heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add sweet potato and parsnip noodles, season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5–7 minutes until noodles soften and begin to brown
- Add noodles to a bowl, and let cool for a few minutes. Add the eggs and cheese, and stir well to combine.
- Fill six 6‑ounce ramekins halfway with the noodles. Cover each with a piece of aluminum foil, and push down so it’s flush against the noodles. Cover with a can (to add some weight) and refrigerate 15–20 minutes.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add two of the patties by flipping the ramekin and gently patting the bottom until the bun falls out. Cook 3 minutes or until the noodles set. Carefully flip and cook another 2–3 minutes until set and evenly browned. Repeat with the remaining patties, adding additional olive as needed.
- If desired, finish the patties on the grill for some extra firmness and added smoky flavor.
- Serve immediately, and get creative! Top the patties with marinara sauce and/or avocado slices, or eat them like a burger in gluten-free hamburger buns, or lettuce wraps.
* If you can tolerate dairy, feel free to substitute organic mozzarella cheese