Adapted from Sunwarrior
Free from gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and refined sugar
Packed with chocolatey goodness, it’s hard to believe these tasty treats are free from gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts and refined sugar! Quinoa flakes provide chewy goodness and are full of protein to keep you satisfied. Perfect for a snack or dessert, these chocolate chip banana cookies are sure to amaze even the most skeptical of friends, and are great for a school-safe treat.
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 large brown banana, mashed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons softened coconut oil (sub organic palm shortening for coconut-free)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk cacao powder, baking powder, salt and quinoa flakes until well blended
- In another bowl, combine raw honey, softened coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Chill the batter in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop batter into small balls onto the pan, leaving 1 inch in between each cookie
- Bake for 10–15 minutes
- Let the cookies cool for 15 minutes on a cooling rack before enjoying!