While it may feel like things are winding down in fall, the fresh produce is just heating up, nutrient wise. Fall is the best time of year for apples, root vegetables, squashes, pears, cabbage, and more. These fruits and vegetables have spent most of the summer getting ready to be delicious additions to your plate. While they each boast their own flavor set, the bounty of fall is chock full of incredible nutrition and packs a serious healthy punch – including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and a serious array of mineral goodness.
So, now that your counter and refrigerator have turned into a sunset-themed cornucopia, let’s crack open the nearest squash and get cookin’.
- Caramelized Sweet Potato Apple Hash Browns. These delicious has browns from PaleoRunningMomma.com are perfect for a crisp fall morning.
- Apple Walnut Cranberry Squash. These vegan and gluten free stuffed squashes from PaleoLeap.com come together with little effort and lots of flavor.
- Acorn Squash Pomegranate Farro Salad. Supercharged with fall flavors, this salad from Jenessa’s Dinners is both delicious and nutritious.
- Grilled Acorn Squash with Cranberry Ginger Maple Syrup. This side dish from PaniniHappy.com is an easy crowd pleaser.
*You can substitute coconut oil for the butter to make this dairy free if necessary*
- Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash and Quinoa. This hearty stew from FearlessHomemaker.com warms you up from your head to your toes on cool, rainy days.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. Super easy and super delicious, this tasty soup from AheadofThyme.com makes enough to keep some for the future in the freezer.
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Brussels Sprouts take on a whole new dimension when crispy and caramelized and KevinIsCooking.com
shows you how to make the magic happen.
- Chipotle Black Bean Stuffed Delicata Squash. ACoupleCooks.com easily convinces you to try their delicious combo of fall flavor and Mexican flair.
- Basil Pear Salad. Crisp, bright, and delightful, this zesty salad from CiaoFlorentina.com comes together in a snap.
- Pear and Cranberry Muffins. We all know how I feel about amazing nutrient-packed muffins, and these flavor bombs from FlavourAndSavour.com are no exception!
- Pumpkin Pancakes. These pumpkinpancakes from PaleoHacks.com are my new favorite weekend breakfast – don’t forget to double the recipe and store some in the freezer for busy weekday mornings.
- Pumpkin Lentil Tacos. StrengthAndSunshine.com nailed it with these tasty, protein-packed tacos. The photos alone will have you running to the farmers market!
- Spaghetti Squash Gremolata. This zesty, flavor-packed gremolata from AFamilyFeast.com is an easy, delicious meal on the warmer fall days when you’re not quite ready for a hearty cold-weather meal.
- Zucchini Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. Super versatile, these nourishing stuffed squashes are perfect after a fall day of raking leaves or a brisk hike.
- Cheesy Sweet Potato and Parsnip Patties. Adapted from Inspiralized.com, these cheesy, comforting patties have quickly become a regular on the schedule.
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas. A favorite of Mr. Hatch Health and Happiness, these enchiladas from WholeFoodsMarket.com are a definite crowd pleaser.
Hungry for more? Check out this site for more information about the star-studded nutrient density of fall produce: http://greatist.com/health/healthiest-fruits-and-vegetables-fall